5 Steps to Getting Started with the AFCPE Connected Community
1. Read our Connected Community Guidelines
Discussions will be posted automatically, but the forum is moderated and reviewed by AFCPE Staff. AFCPE does not assume any liability for content posted by others and reserves the right to remove any post or comment that does not meet the guidelines outlined below.
Please keep these guidelines in mind as you participate in the AFCPE Member Forum:
- Be Respectful. Personal attacks, hateful or derogatory comments, and harassment against other members of the community will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of diverse points of view. It's okay to disagree, but be polite and keep your comments relevant to the topic of conversation.
- Don't Spam. Advertisements, solicitations, and outside promotions are not permitted without approval of AFCPE. If you aren't sure if it's okay to post something, just ask! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jump In! Remember, this is your community. Don't be shy to chime in and interact with fellow AFCPE members. This is a great place to network and share ideas.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
This is a Discussion Board, not a Support Form. If you need customer support around AFCPE membership, certification, etc., please reach out to us directly. Find AFCPE Staff contact info on our staff page.
Have questions? Be sure to check out the Help/FAQs or send us a direct note at https://afcpe.connectedcommunity.org/contactus.
2. Update Your Profile and Privacy Settings
Before you get started, make sure your profile information is up-to-date! Complete your AFCPE Connected Community Profile with information such as education, job history, interests, LinkedIn, and more. This helps other members find you and helps you make meaningful connections.
And don’t forget to upload your smiling photo! This really adds to the community and helps others get to know you (and it makes it easier to find one another when you're at in-person events!).
Note: Some of the AFCPE Connected Community profile pulls from your profile in our myAFCPE database, so if you are redirected here, don't be alarmed. These types of profile updates may take up to 24 hours to show up in our Connected Community.
Membership Status: You can check the status of your membership by in myAFCPE.To renew or become a member Click Here!*
Please follow the instructions to change or edit your privacy settings.
1. Go to your Profile or select the Profile Button (located next to Terms and Conditions in the right-hand corner of the page)
2. Locate the tab My Account, under your name
3. Click the drop-down bar on My Account and select Privacy Settings.
4. Be sure to hit Save Changes
Update Your Profile and Privacy Settings
3. Update Your Signature
We encourage everyone to update their signature, because when you post, this will be included!
Please follow the instructions to update your email signature.
1. Go to the Profile Button (located next to Terms and Conditions in the right-hand corner of the page)
2. Locate the tab My Account, under your name
3. Click the drop-down bar on My Account and select Discussion Signature
4. Be sure to clear the field out before copying and pasting your professional signature
5. Be sure to hit Save Changes
Update Your Signature
4. Engage In Discussion
Ready to get started? Go to Communities > All Communities and click your desired community (EX: AFCPE Members, AFC Candidate, etc).
*When you first arrive, you will be prompted to select how you want to receive notifications from the discussion board. The options are instant notifications, daily, opting out of notifications, or check the box for weekly consolidated digest.*
*At any time you can change your notifications by going up to your Profile icon (next to terms and conditions) and click it. You will then click Profile, go to My Account, and drop down to Community Notifications. Under Notification Settings, you can use the drop-down box to change your notification settings*
To view and reply in a discussion board feed, please follow the five easy instructions.
1. You can view available the most recent conversations under Latest Discussion Posts
2. Click the Discussion tabs to pull up all the available discuss tabs within the AFCPE Members Community and feel free to ponder discussions
3. Click on a message Below the area titled Thread Subject
4. In the thread you click Reply to add to the specific conversation.
5. Draft your content, then scroll down to Send
If you would like to post a new message on the discussion board, please follow these four easy instructions.
1. You can view available the most recent conversations under Latest Discussion Posts.
2. Click the Discussion tabs to pull up all the available discuss tabs within the AFCPE Members Community. If you can't find a discussion feed that fits your niche to post in, create a discussion!
3. Click in the right-hand corner Post New Message
4. Draft your content, then scroll down to Send
TIP: In any discussion you can also add attachments, tag other members, or format the text.
5. Make Connections
You can look for other members by name, company, or email address by clicking the Directory tab. Or, dig deeper by using the Advanced Search function to find people by areas of community type, location, and much more.
*Please note these searches are dependent on how much the member filled out in their profile and their privacy settings.*
Once you’ve found the people you’re looking for you can view profiles, send messages, or add them as a contact directly from the search results page.
Access Member Directory
We hope these 4 easy steps will help acclimate you to our platform and help you start connecting with others in the AFCPE community!
Still have questions?
Be sure to check out the Help/FAQs or send us a direct note at https://afcpe.connectedcommunity.org/contactus.